A K3 Rule is a service that reads data as it transits the system. If the data meets a "when" criteria expressed in a rule, then it executes the "then and else" statements. K3 includes several rule types.
For example, a simple rule type is "set value" So a rule that states when "zip code" equals 10016 THEN set column City to New York. Rules allow users to create rich data sets quickly and easily.
How do I setup a Rule?
- Navigate to the Rules screen.
- On the lower right of the screen find the PLUS floating action button.
- Add a descriptive name for your rule
- Navigate to the "When Statement" Use type ahead inside the column search to find the data you would like to set as your when criteria.
- Navigate to the right to select a predicate. For example when launch_angle uses the predicate of => or greater than or equal to.
- Navigate to the right of the predicate and type in the criteria. In this case we have selected => 13.
- Continue setting When criteria as necessary
- User has the ability to select from 5 different rules types. These are covered in the articles that follow. Those choices are: Formal, Set Value, Copy Value, Swap Value, and Drop