There are two ways to create Pass-Thru mappings. Logically, from the Mapping screen, you can create a new mapping. Additionally, mappings can be created directly from the Fields screen.
Create a Passthrough Mapping from the Mapping Screen
- At the bottom right of the screen click the floating plus button. This action will allow you to choose Value Mapping or Pass-through mapping.
- Select "New Passthrough Mapping." Upon clicking this action you will be taken immediately to the column header selection.
- Use the typeahead to find the "Source" column you want to move data from.
- Move to the target and use the typeahead search to find the "Target" column you want to move data to.
- If you are satisfied with the selections click Save.
- The name of the Mapping is automatically generated for you using the Source and Target column names.
Create a Passthrough Mapping from the Fields Screen
- In the Field screen, click any field from the source or target field list.
- In the expanded Field section, click the Add New under the Passthrough Mappings header
- The Passthrough Mapping will pre-populate either the Source or Target Field based on your initial selection in step 1.
- Simply, select the alternate side of the mapping. If you selected a source field then choose the target field to map to. Alternatively, if you selected a target field to map then choose the source field to map from.
- Click the Save button.